Today put everything in perspective and I mean EVERYTHING every petty argument I have ever had with my spouse every annoying habit no longer matters. What could make me think that way well it's quite simple we got his lab results back and we braced ourselves for not good news but what we got was beyond bad it was downright scary. His cholesterol is extremely high paired with triglycerides in the range of 23,000 really really dangerously high and type 2 Diabetes on top of that really not good news. His doctor didn't beat around the bush at all Damian is in severe trouble had we not caught this now he would have had about a year of life left. That would put him at about 36 and me 31 way way too young. That is what has us both so freaked out and willing to do everything the doctor says to get his health back in check. He is on Metformin now and his doctor will be adding more medications as he gets acclimated to each one, he also has diabetes testing supplies and we will be implementing severe life style changes such as more exercise regularly and a diet that is healthy for us lower in fat, calories, sugar and simple carbohydrates. The good news is that we caught it in enough time that we can save him, we are in this together, he has already lost 23 lbs and he has Medicaid that covers all his necessary supplies and medications so we can keep him around a little longer. God willing a lot longer because I'm sorry this is something we can fix and I'm not ready to lose him yet I'm not going to go down without a fight. He has a lot to live for and a lot of people who love him. It just takes a moment though for all that is petty to no longer matter we are so grateful for all we have and for each other. He is the love of my life and I can't imagine waking up each day and not having him there. I'm learning to look the other way now when he annoys me and think what's worse that he leaves the dishes in the walking path instead of putting them in the sink or spending my day without hearing his voice, his laughter or feeling his arms around me. I think the second one so from now on the little things won't matter so much and I won't sweat the small stuff.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment