Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thinking about weddings

All these weddings and engagements lately of people I know have gotten me reminiscing and thinking about my own was it really almost 10 and a half years ago on June 24th 2000? To me it seems like yesterday that I was a younger bride looking forward to the future panicking about the reception and feeling bitter sweet emotions packing up my childhood and saying good bye to my old familiar room. I still remember every detail about that day my favorite being Damian and I sitting in the Celestial Room of the Temple hand in hand waiting for the sealing to start. We talked in hushed tones of course about our future already making promises to each other to love and care for each other our entire lives. This was a big day and a big step to promise to love and care for a man for eternity but I wasn't scared or nervous I could look into his eyes and then look at the sealer and with peace of mind and all my heart say that I would. We have grown together and had our ups and downs but I do not regret my decision or the promises I made that we made. Our love has grown even as we have grown and matured and while I could nit pick even our separation it helped us grow together as a couple and helped us become stronger as a couple.I could also nit pick him and his annoying habits but I am just as annoying and I'm sure Damian could about me if he wanted to. I have learned something about love it's not purely physical, it is not just twitterpation it is steady, it is true it will grow and evolve with time it is not stagnant it can die or grow depending on the care it is given and it is joy when you are married to your best friend. I also learned that a wedding is great and it's exciting but what I did that was different was that while I planned a wedding and wanted the reception to go off without a hitch I also planned for a marriage. I prepared myself to trust my heart in the keeping of another for the rest of my life and to trust him completely and I also made sure he knew he could put his heart in my keeping and I would take care of it for him as well. I think that has made a difference everyone can have a wedding and have a party but having a marriage is something completely different and I would rather have a marriage. We have so much to learn still but I feel comfort knowing that we are learning together.

No comments: