Sunday, July 4, 2010

Real Meaning of July 4th

Fireworks are great and fun to watch and it is so fun to be with family and friends but take a few moments to think about what today really means. Think about this country and while it's not perfect think about the men and women throughout it's history who have sacrificed themselves so we could enjoy what we have. They left families and loved ones knowing what they were giving up but knowing what needed to be done. They went to war they went to battle and paid for the freedoms we enjoy with their blood. They went unselfishly knowing that not all would be coming back home. I enjoy the fourth and the fun that comes with it but I also take some time to pause and think about the reasons I am allowed such freedom. I am so thankful that we have what we have and that we have strong brave unselfish men and women who are so willing to defend it. This song is dedicated to all of them.


No comments: