A chapter in my life has now come to an end it was time but it's still a little sad to see it end. To help you understand let me start at the beginning. I started playing the violin in the fourth grade and while I did enjoy it I also wanted to try playing the flute in the fifth grade. That didn't work out so well so in the sixth grade I got back into playing the violin. I took to it and while I wasn't ever a natural at it I never could do vibrato or anything fancy like that I was fairly decent. That became my instrument from then until right before I got married at 20. My mom saved up the money and bought the instrument for me instead of continuing to rent it. Over the years she also bought me a really nice bow, rosin, strings, chin rest, mute and anything else I needed. I also was able to start violin lessons in the seventh grade I think it was and the same gal was my teacher from that time right up until right before I got married. She and my violin became like family to me and I became attached but I knew that chapter was closing. I didn't want to fully admit it however so I kept my old violin which I nicknamed Harmony because that's what I always played up on the shelf or in a closet but I realized that isn't fair. On freecycle came a request from a young woman who desperately wanted to learn how to play the violin or cello. It was hard but my heart said to give Harmony to her so she can be taken care of again and played again. It's not fair to my old violin to just continue to set getting out of tune and not being loved and played. She's picking her up tomorrow morning. It's sad somewhat but I still have great memories. I played at several Spring String Flings, I went to EWU for contests and our school usually did great, I went to University of Idaho for another type of competition or whatever it was, I also got to play in the Orchestra pit at the Opera House when my friend Laura graduated that was something I can never forget. Now though it's time for her to create new memories with a new friend as my life has changed and it is time for me to grow up now and be an adult and take on adult responsibility.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment