Monday, July 5, 2010

and we have wedding photos

Today turned out to be the best day ever. Remember way back when I lamented that we didn't have any wedding photos whatsoever well we do. I went over to mom and dad Impett's after mom took me grocery shopping because their 37th anniversary is coming in October and I thought it would be neat to put together a power point presentation set to music of their life together and with their kids. I was getting all the pictures I could get my hands on I even went so far as to brave dad's leaning tower of crap in his storage unit (let's just say now I know where his son gets it but anyway that's another post) but I got what I wanted. I also was looking for updated pictures of mom and dad and their four kids and the two that have children their children. That's when I started to tear up and got excited. Mom and dad had taken plenty of pictures both at the temple and at our reception and she told me I am more than welcome to make copies but she will need to have the originals back at some point just in case. I am so blessed that I was able to find those and that dad had the forethought to take pictures with his old trusty camera as mom only took the digital and back then digital cameras were in their infancy and none of those survived. I know that in addition to creating this tribute for mom and dad and their marriage that Heavenly Father was also leading me to my wedding pictures. Damian and I really did enjoy looking back ten years ago to that day.

1 comment:

Tamy Fosburg said...

I'm so glad for you on this one!!! I had a hard time getting my photos and HF helped me get mine too. Thank goodness he recognizes how important temporal stuff like that is for us! Now you should post some of them!

Love you.