Saturday, July 3, 2010

Choices

Life is all about choices big and small some greatly affect our lives and some don't. I made a choice 10 years ago to marry the man of my dreams. We made the choice to let our marriage get off track and separate but we also made the choice to get back together. I have chosen each and every one of my friends and I have chosen wisely for the most part but sometimes a friend and I have grown apart and we chose to part ways. Some of the choices that have had to be made are easy and some will break your heart and hurt for a little while. Damian had to make such a choice a few days ago involving a friendship he had for over 15 years. This person had chosen to become verbally abusive via yahoo instant messaging not only to me but to him as well but I am so proud of Damian he stood firm for himself and me and he made the choice to let that friend go. I know it hurt him to do so and I hoped he wouldn't have to make that choice but I know in the end it was the right choice to make. This person would cut him down and not build him back up, he would make jabs about me and our marriage and about women and marriage in general, he would discourage him from working and from getting help for his bi-polar issues. Damian realized that a friend would never treat you like that. I am proud of him and our marriage is back on track now for good I hope. I know we will continue to need to work things out that's marriage but what helps is that he realized that he doesn't need to be ashamed to love me or treat me well or treat me as his equal. We are on the same team for the first time in awhile and I'm confident that before long we both will make the choice to remain permanently and gainfully employed.

No comments: