Today I went to the funeral of my friend Jandre's grandpa Bruce and I'm glad I got up REALLY early on a Saturday morning to go it was hard getting up at six to make my bus connections but Jandre if you are reading this I want you to know that you are TOTALLY worth it and I would do it again for you in a heartbeat. The service was really good and well put together and this may sound odd but something that was said about Bruce in his eulogy struck a chord with me. My whole life I struggled with one thing, I tend to quit when I hit an obstacle and roadblock and I know I need to stop doing that and I have really tried to be better about that. Well anyway, during the eulogy they talked about how most of Bruce's life was less than ideal but when something didn't work out for him he found another way and kept doing that until he found a way to accomplish his goal or what he had set out to do. I was inspired by that and what I really have wanted to do was teach in a daycare and I thought the ONLY way to do that was find a way to go to school for two years and inconvenience my family in the process by not being able to work for awhile. Well, I was sitting there today hearing the service and the idea hit me I don't have to be a head teacher I can ALWAYS get my basic STARS training, first aid and CPR certifications and start out as an aide and then work my way up. I can afford to do that. I will be forever grateful for the inspiration I recieved today to find another way around to get to where I need to go or to do what I need or want to do.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like a great plan. Glad the Lord inspired you! Good luck!
Post a Comment