Friday, May 8, 2009

Taking time for you

Lately, I have learned to enjoy something that for the longest time has been hard for me I have learned to enjoy simply taking time for me and whatever it is that makes me happy whether it be a nice hot bath or a movie or even a small pint of some high quality chocolate icecream. I used to think that taking time for me was not needed that I had an unlimited supply of energy and resources and that I could give and give and give to my husband and anyone else that needed me that was until I ran out of steam and drove myself almost insane in the process. Now, it's been hard for me to learn how to relax and enjoy the simple things in life sometimes but I keep at it and am starting to learn that kicking back once in awhile isn't so bad after all. I'm starting to learn to enjoy simple pleasures and a once in awhile indulgence like keeping my husband out of my hagen daz chocolate icecream my treat for myself that is being saved for the night that he goes out with his dad for their annual campout and will be slowly savored while I'm watching a movie or two and enjoying the peace of having my alone time. Ahhhh!! I like that idea because as much as I love having people around me being a social creature I have learned to enjoy some solitude every so often too. I can't wait to have a little time just for me.

No comments: