Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivites

Today was Thanksgiving and Damian and I had a good one. We went to my mom's where Gwynne and James made us all a wonderful turkey dinner with all the fixings. We sat down together and were able to be together and have a good time and that is what matters the most to me. After dinner and a little play with Lexus she is getting to be too darn cute for her own good. James, Gwynne, Damian and I settled down at the dining room table to play a new version of electronic monopoly and it was a lot of fun we finally decided to call the game though because it was taking forever, it was fun though. Then our brother called they had been invited to be elsewhere but he wanted to check in with us. Also we decided that since money is tight all around for everyone that we decided to draw names for us six siblings including spouses and we all would buy for mom and our nieces and nephews present and future we decided we would do that every year. That works for me honestly....for me Christmas isn't about the gifts it is about being with the ones you love. I also feel it's more important for the kids to have a Christmas I would feel extremely guilty to know that I had robbed my nieces and nephews of a Christmas just so their parents could get me a gift. We also set a budget so that way we don't go crazy. I like the new arrangement we do something similar on Damian's side with his siblings and it works out well. I'm also excited that now that Thanksgiving is over I am able to start listening to Christmas music. This year by also simplying the gifts that are given Damian and I are wanting to start focusing more on why we really celebrate Christmas it's too easy to get caught up with the glitter and glitz and gifts but it's so much more than that. Happy Thanksgiving all!!

1 comment:

Stephani said...

Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving too, I wanna see more pictures of that cutie niece too when you get the chance. :) And you're right, the holidays are about family, nothing else matters.