Sunday, November 9, 2008

Random Things

I just realized that I haven't posted in awhile which is rare for me actually I love blogging. I was going to stop blogging about Damian's bipolar but I was informed that I was kinda helping someone who reads my blog deal with her similar situation so sorry more blogging about that topic there will be. Damian has been calming down a lot so it's been easier for me to deal with, he still has episodes and he still has severe moods but over all luckily for us both he has been able to cope with them a little better. Good thing since we finally found a dr. that will accept his medical coupons however they don't have an opening until January so we are on the waiting list and we have no choice but to wait and wait and wait some more. Meanwhile he is learning how to deal with his illness and learning to cope which will be helpful when his treatment starts since meds alone will not help him get well he will have to help himself too. Cloud, his black cat is his lifeline he literally sometimes is the only reason he gets out of bed when his depression gets really bad Cloud gets him out of bed because he needs to be fed and cared for and once Damian gets up he's fine and is able to deal with the rest of the day. I'm happy too that sometimes Damian's mind clears up a little and we are able to really have a conversation and really interact as a couple I miss him when his mind gets to where although he is in the same room as me it feels like he is a million miles away, it's a very lonely feeling. I'm proud of him too how he has been able to really focus lately and help me strategize some things like how we are going to get out of here when our lease is up and where in town we should start apartment hunting. I'm proud of him because that task used to rest squarely on my shoulders but now we are both carrying that burden and that makes me happy that he is reaching a point where he can somewhat function if he can do this well without any medication it gives me hope that once he is one his medications that he should be able to function really really well.

No comments: