Monday, July 16, 2012

How my life has changed since TOPS

I have made the decision to take off pounds sensibly thus I'm a member of TOPS that's what it stands for. I'm a new member but some of these lifestyle changes had been in the works for awhile now. I was a little discouraged until I realized that I'm making permanent life style changes and those won't happen overnight but that in the long run they will stick and I will live a longer healthier happier life. In order to help give some perspective....


Lifestyle Pre-TOPS
-emotional eating at any time of the day or night it was nothing to consume 1 whole x-lg pizza and a whole container of ice cream in one sitting at the same time if I was upset.
-Consuming massive quantities of pop and drinking no water at all or very little I was estimating I was consuming conservatively 20 plus 2 liters of pop a month.
- It was nothing to heap my plate full of all sorts of foods including consuming 1lb of hamburger or ground sausage myself in one meal.
-Eating massive amounts of high calorie sugary foods and eating massive amounts of fast food not even thinking about what I was eating. 
-Exercising only when absolutely necessary to do what I had to do for example I had to walk a bit to get to work.


Lifestyle upon joining TOPS


-emotional eating curbed ( I still slip but not as bad nor as often) instead I am learning to journal or vent my frustrations with a friend or loved one instead of turning right away to food. 
-Drinking next to no pop and drinking more water and other healthy liquids.
-Watching and being more mindful of portion sizes, nutrition labels etc. 
-Limiting my consumption of junk food, sweet sugary foods and fast food. I still eat them but I do so as part of my food plan. 
-I have a food plan every day I log what I have eaten online in a food journal that keeps track and holds me accountable for calories, fat, etc that have been consumed and it tells me when I went over my limit. 
-I'm getting a more restful sleep and I don't feel as fatigued or tired I'm feeling as if I have more energy and fuel.
-I'm starting to enjoy exercise and I'm actively engaged in finding activities that I can enjoy and make a part of my new life. 
-I'm starting to find a balance and moderation in ALL things. 
-I'm more careful what is making its way into my shopping cart and I am learning new fun innovative recipes and ways to enjoy healthy food. 

Wow!! I didn't think that list would be as long as it is with more things to come I'm sure but as you can see I'm not into a fad diet or a quick fix all of this is stuff I can do in the long term to make myself look and feel better. On a side note my PCOS symptoms are gradually doing a bit better so that's a plus as well. 

1 comment:

katles said...

Way to go, Amanda! Keep us posted on how things are going, would you? Go, Amanda, Go!!!! :-)