Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A journey of a thousand miles

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step- Confucius

This was read in my TOPS group on Monday and it really struck a chord with me especially as I was a little disheartened I had a one pound loss. I'm proud of that don't get me wrong but at the same time when you have 166 excess pounds left to shed it seems so small so insignificant. Then I remembered this quote today and I realized this is going to be committed to my memory. Yes I only lost a pound but that's a pound I plan to never gain back that's a pound lighter than I was and I worked for that pound loss. I am changing my life forever not just the short term and that takes time. I am learning how to incorporate yummy healthy food into my life and make it taste awesome, I'm learning to like water instead of pop, I'm learning to like activity and exercise and make that a part of my new lifestyle. I'm changing so much permanently that it will take time I could have taken the easy way out and gone on a fad diet but I know those fail so I'm doing it the hard way with the sweat of my brow so I am now determined to be proud of all those pounds that come off even if they come off one by one. I have so many plans and things I want to do once the weight comes off it is my goal and my challenge to reach goal weight and maintain it the rest of my life. I'm hoping that the things I'm learning to do now will help me do just that so yes right now the journey seems daunting but I will never reach the end of my journey if I don't start somewhere so I'm going to just keep on stepping and with each step watch my life improve. Heck given time I may even learn to like water and vegetables I'm not quite there yet but maybe one day anything is possible I suppose. 



No comments: