Tonight I am a very proud sister. I am so proud of my little sister Gwynne and her decision tonight to walk and attend her graduation ceremony from Spokane Community College. I know it's only a small stepping stone in her education but she earned that degree. Let me put it to you this way it took her about 3 years or so but she also worked full time, went to school full time and had to take intermittent time off to have two babies. Yet she finished and so I'm so proud of her. She is a wonderful role model for her two young girls who were there tonight despite the late hour to watch their mom and cheer for her. She doesn't realize it but she has taught them a wonderful lesson tonight. She has taught them that it's okay to not only be beautiful but to be intelligent, articulate, independent and strong women who stand for what is right. She has taught them to keep going no matter what obstacles may stand in their way and she has taught them to go for their dreams and to follow their hearts. She has inspired me and she issued me a challenge tonight in two years when she gets her BA she wants to celebrate my getting my AA. I decided I want to finish what I started it may have taken longer but that's okay I learned life lessons I really needed to learn. I will get it and then I want to go on to get a BA in Early Childhood. I decided the AAS in that was not going to be good enough. I am going to go for it so she spoke my language I can do this and I won't let my little sis get the best of me lol. It's on like Donkey Kong now and we are going to have one heck of a celebration when I do.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment