Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hiding behind almost 300 pounds

I love watching The Biggest Loser I don't miss it on Tuesday nights. I have watched every season of it and I have gotten a lot from it. I don't just sit there and pig out as I watch people sweat and change their lives. I used to hate Jillian I thought she was just so mean but now I understand yes she is tough but it's tough love she knows that they have hidden behind their weight and she is trying to get them to see that and face the real issue whatever it was for them so that way when she does give them the right tools they can properly use them and they will never get to be so big ever again. Some say that is phooey but I have experienced something similar in my own life. Again I have faced this issue head on so I am not embarrassed in fact I need to face it so I can move past it. I was heavy my whole life but I managed to maintain my weight until a few years ago and I have now ballooned to about 290 lbs which is a lot of weight for anyone but especially me who has a 5 ft 4 in frame. I have done the Weight Watcher's thing and they are wonderful I got wonderful tools and information and I had to face the scale every week and the scale doesn't lie however I had great weeks where I would lose and everything was great but then I would yo yo again and I never figured out why. Now I know why I was still emotional eating I was still using my fat as a sort of shield to hide behind but now I have taken care of all my issues and figured out why I needed to hide so now I can start taking better care of my body and myself. Now I don't want to be almost 300 lbs anymore. It will take work and time but I"m okay with that. I have been starting off my developing a healthy relationship with what I eat. I no longer just binge or eat when I'm not hungry because I'm bored or stressed or upset. I have loving friends to turn to for that and they help me get back up on my feet again without binging on a whole extra large pizza and a bunch of chocolate or ice cream. I am going to start to eat more whole grains and fruits and vegetables and drink more water not because I have to but now because I want to. I love myself enough now to want to take better care of the body I have been given. I still love pop so that will be a challenge I have tried and fallen off the no pop bandwagon. However, I think I have a plan for that too I just have to learn that there needs to be some moderation in all things. I just keep telling myself I didn't get fat in one day so I'm not going to get fit again in one day. I'm well on my way though and this time when I can go back to Weight Watchers I'm going to be able to put 100 percent into it and I will add a gym membership and I will make the time daily to do my workouts and make that time for me to take care of myself and I won't feel guilty for doing that. My goal is to eventually lose a whole person's worth of weight for my height I need to be around 125-135 so that is my goal to be right around there. This time I will succeed because I have learned to NOT quit on myself.

No comments: