Friday, January 8, 2010

Goals for my class

Last years class went pretty well for the most part considering that I was thrown into it toward the end of the year and right before a major ward split but to be honest I was not happy with my teaching. I felt the kids deserved more activities and better prepared lessons. My goal for this year has been just that. Instead of waiting until Saturday night to look at the lesson I am looking at them a week in advance and preparing everything I need ahead of time. I also am going to post up a door sign to my classroom so the parents know how to find our room along with some other cute ideas I have. I also am starting to buy some simple supplies like crayons that I can let the kids use instead of getting broken well abused uhm I mean well used crayons from the library. I just make sure they take only a couple at a time and then put them back before they can get a couple of more. The kids are excited to use new crayons and can not wait for coloring time.I am feeling a difference because I am going into class more calm and prepared and not feeling rushed and anxious and that has improved my ability to facilitate a discussion with my class. I love this calling it has helped me more than anything else. I love those little Sunbeams and am proud of their successes.

No comments: