Sunday, June 1, 2014
Exercising and loving it.
I never thought I would see a day where I would actually not just enjoy but love my daily workout and love getting all sweaty. Growing up, I was the chubby fat kid. I was the last one picked for a team and while some PE teachers meant well their approach was far from helpful. They were trying to help whip me into shape but all that resulted from these attempts was my thinking of exercise as merely forms of medieval torture...something to be dreaded and endured as best as I could. This continued throughout my adult life I didn't ever think that I could enjoy physical activity and exercise and I knew that my journey to wellness and weight loss would be incomplete without it. That was until my new friend introduced me to something that I was skeptical about at first, an online fitness club. All the workout videos are from certified instructors but they are all online. I can do them in the privacy of my own home. Not only that but I can learn about healthy nutrition from dietitians and watch motivational videos from sports psychologists. I reluctantly did my 10 day trial and fell in love. I loved the price a month too, just 20 dollars. Heck I spent more than that on fast food. I've grown to look forward to my daily workout because its at my own pace I'm not in competition with anyone else, just me. As a result of this everything in my life is beginning to change. My attitude, my outlook and my habits. I'm no longer a fast food, soda pop junkie. I desire to eat the right foods to fuel my body for my daily workout. I desire to take care of me. I now feel like I'm trapped in a fat suit, one that I can't wait to get out of. Its slow but that's okay I'm moving along in the right direction now and I have found hope. I know I can do this, I get excited every time I'm able to workout a little longer or when I'm discovering muscles that I haven't felt in many years. I'm so thrilled that she told me about this and that this is just what I needed, a safe place to exercise where I wouldn't be judged for being out of shape or slightly uncoordinated. I'm excited to see what these next few months will bring and all the new things I'll be able to do once I get into better shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment