Friday, May 16, 2014
My life's dream realized
Sorry things have been so frantic these last few weeks that I haven't had a chance to update my blog in a bit. Well, after nearly three years and getting extremely burnt out I amicably left Evergreen Treecare. It was time, I was really done with working in a call center and ticking off people who really didn't want to talk to me in the first place. I landed a position in a toddler classroom for Guardian Angels Childcare Center. I work full time Monday through Friday. Some days are really tough and some days try my patience to the utmost but I still love what I do. I love that I get a chance to learn and grow in the field and learn how to help nurture and help these kids. I love that I get a chance to make a difference everyday even if its a small one. I'm grateful for co workers that treat me, each other and the kids with respect. I'm learning and growing every single day. My next step in my professional development is to take a 20 hour training class online then coming in September I'm hoping to get what's called a CDA credential. That would take about a year or so to complete. The best part I can keep working while I get it. From there who knows the skies the limit but this is exactly what I've wanted to do my whole life and I'm so excited that I finally get to do it. I'm so grateful to my boss for seeing something in me and hiring me even though I didn't have any formal experience. Oh and on a positive note, since I don't have as much constant stress about job security my stress eating has stopped and I have lost weight again. That and the kids keep me constantly moving and constantly going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment