Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just a small sigh....

I've been doing really good lately since I have fully grieved and experienced all the pent up emotions from the incident that tore our family apart over 20 years ago however scars still remain and I think they will forever. I am no longer angry or even filled with tremendous sorrow or grief but sometimes I still have moments where I miss dad or wish he was still with us. I think I'm having this moment now because it's Gaige's birthday soon he'll be 3 I think of him every time one of us gets a little bit older especially his grandchildren oh how he would have enjoyed them. I think of him as we are getting ready to adopt I know he would be so happy and proud just as much as if I had been able to give birth to them. I know he's with us I feel him at each of our family events he doesn't miss any but it's somehow not the same. It's the best we can get though for now and like I said most of the time I'm fine and live my life and I am trying to live it to the fullest like he would want for me but sometimes I have a moment when I think of him and wish he could still be with us.

No comments: