Sunday, August 21, 2011

Same old same old with a twist

Life has been going on pretty much like usual nothing exciting really happens but actually that's the way I like it. I am pretty content when things are toned down and low key. I've been noticing some things that are worth mentioning first off I am looking at three months now just about with my job. It's still going well I am earning commissions in fact I just made up for the weekend pay I am losing by taking this upcoming weekend off so that's really nice. I also have earned another 25 dollars in Walmart gift cards so that's fun too. I love this job for the most part everyone has rough days and I have too but overall I like it. That's the other thing worth mentioning I have been able to notice when my anxiety kicks in and triggers a fight or flight response and my instinct is to run even from this job because that had been my pattern but I have been able to fight that. It's not easy and has taken all I have but I have been able to control it now and that feels amazing. I know that if we want to move forward in our lives that I can't run. I can't run when things get hard or stressful so things are calming down and I feel great about that. Damian is so intelligent I'm impressed. He was going to study for three years computer stuff at SCC but just for fun he took a sample A+ certification test online which covers computer tech stuff that he was going to be studying anyway and he pretty much knew a lot of it already so we decided that it would be a lot more cost effective to get an A+ certification book and study guide for about 50 bucks and have him study that on his own. When he is ready he will take the two tests which are about 150 bucks a piece and then take it from there. He doesn't want to work in a fancy office or for a large corporation that would be too much for him he would be happy as a clam working in a computer store fixing computers all day and tinkering like he does now but he would be getting paid. We think this may be a better cost effective thing to go for and to try. I'm willing to hold off on school just long enough for him to try and do this anyway I don't hate my job and to be honest not including commissions which if you include the ones from this month will equal to about 250 dollars since I have started I am making about 400 dollars less than what I would have been making full time at minimum wage. That's not bad for working two days a week 16 hours a week. I'm learning that some days are going to be rough and that some days will be just crappy but that happens at every job overall though I like what I do, I like the people I work with, I am happy working here and I am going to be doing this for a little while.

No comments: