Thursday, March 31, 2011

The results of my cleaning

We are almost done cleaning out our bedroom closet we only have one big box left. I'm so proud of me I can't believe how wonderful I feel right now having all that stuff gone. In the process I consolidated a big plastic tote of my childhood and high school memories into one small tote. That was really hard but it was worth it. I had to take an honest look at myself and who I was back then through the sporadic journals I kept and the poetry I wrote. It really was an eye opener oh my gosh I couldn't believe what I had wrote and how I acted. I would have honestly smacked me if I could go back in time. It was hard to realize that but now that I have I'm more determined to act more like a grown up, put on my big girl pants and do whatever it is that I have to do. By the way as part of my cleansing I got rid of all that stuff I wouldn't normally advocate throwing away stuff like a poetry books and journals but mine really weren't worth reading. I was negative, clingy and whiny and you know no wonder a lot of things didn't pan out the way that I wanted it to. I wouldn't have wanted to spend a lot of time with me either acting that way. I'm so thankful for this experience though so I could really see where I had started and where I am now. The difference is like night and day and I'm so thankful for the life I'm trying to live now and where I'm trying to go.

1 comment:

Carson said...

I know how you feel. I like a tidy, uncluttered space, with one space you can store everything and shut the door so you dont have to see it every day. But then it is there when you need it. No matter how crazy life gets, a tidy living area can help you feel in control.
Love Uncle Kent