Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Craziness that is my life

It's been crazy the last little while so I'm sorry for that. I'll just give the reader's digest version of what has been going on. Damian is doing really really great now so much so that instead of monthly doctor's appointments he's now down to once every other month. The doctor was also going to put him on more medications but his latest numbers are all showing vast improvement. We are both continually striving to change our lives and change our eating habits so we can keep losing weight and add to our life span. We are having success despite some set backs but the difference is we keep going instead of thinking well crap there goes everything we might as well pig out. Damian is trying to get into school and we are working on some basic skills so he can do that. He's also still working with DVR and he has an appointment with them on March 2nd we are really praying and keeping fingers crossed. I got a part time job fundraising for MDA the Muscular Dystrophy Association and although I haven't officially gotten started on the phones yet just some training I do think I'm going to like it. If I am going to bug people on the phone it might as well be for a worthwhile cause. My little support group is growing but it has been struggling because I've gotten so busy and I feel bad for that. It was my goal to recognize a woman when she first reached out instead of not noticing her right away and that hasn't happened. That's important because when someone is feeling neglected and low anyway not being noticed can make them withdraw even further and it can be harder to draw them out not impossible just harder. However, I have gotten to realize and understand that one gal in particular that I have been working with and uplifting has been keeping up with the group and welcoming and helping me. She has let me know to check the group so that being said I made her my assistant. In the beginning I decided to not just let anyone be an admin to my group because that means they have the same abilities and powers as myself to change things etc. I didn't want someone to abuse that power but she has shown she is just as passionate about this as I am so I made her an admin. She knows and has assured me the group is safe with her and I trust her. I will still reach out and do what I can but it feels better to have help so I don't feel like the whole weight is placed upon my shoulders. It feels equally amazing that what started out with just my best friend and myself has grown to many more women around the world and some are starting to really become friends as we share and support and uplift one another. It feels incredible and my healing has been hastened when I have helped them and then their healing increases as they help each other it's a beautiful thing.

No comments: