Wednesday, November 6, 2013
From the very bottom of my heart
Words can not express the gratitude that has been filling my heart these last few months. I've struggled with my activity in the church. Not because I don't have a testimony but because I'm human and its so easy to let human emotions get in the way. I've let discouragement, resentment and hurt feelings get in the way. I've let myself feel like I don't have anything in common with others in the church because I don't have children in my life. Sometimes I still feel this way but I've now realized how all that is coming from the adversary who does not want me to be active. He does not want me to come and grow and be spiritually fed. Damian and I are preparing to leave this ward and its a mixed feeling in my heart. I love this ward even when we weren't the most active they didn't quit on us, they didn't give up on us. We've had inspired leadership who has shown us unconditional love, encouragement and support. We have been really blessed by the love of the sister missionaries in our ward. Their hearts are so full of genuine love and compassion for us and our eternal welfare. They came to see us this afternoon and as we visited about things and life in general I felt compelled to tell them how my inactivity happened. It didn't happen overnight I hadn't intended for it to occur but it did and I've felt discouraged ever since. I've felt like it was too late, like I was too far gone. Those sweet sister missionaries assured me that its never too late, we are never out of the reach of our Savior as long as we continue to try to reach out to him. They encouraged me to break up everything into smaller steps including coming back into activity. I immediately began to feel better. I have been reading my scriptures and praying more often. The next step that I am ready to add is going to church each week. I still need to add paying a tithing and other things to my life but that will come. For now I need to remember that I have to take things one step at a time I will get there. I do want you all to know that I do believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and know that this is His work and His church. He sends those willing to listen to help him and help succor those in need of succor. I have responded as I have because I've felt the love of those trying to help us and have felt the love of my Savior. The sister missionaries are getting ready to move on and I will miss them and their energy but I will be forever grateful for them. I'm grateful to them for listening to the spirit and for not quitting on us. I'm grateful to them for their encouraging words of support and kindness. It can be very overwhelming to come back to church when you don't know where to begin. I've learned from them to just start going and let the rest fall into place line upon line precept upon precept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My wonderful Amanda, I'm so sorry things have been so difficult for you recently. You know as a first time presidency member in the RS, I've noticed how easy it is to find where we don't fit. I do have kids, but I have many small kids and that puts me into a new category. I do have kids, but the nap schedule keeps me from having a social life. I do have kids, but as soon as I leave town my friendships tend to disappear. There are so many reasons to feel outside the "group", but there are so many more reasons that you do fit. You are a beloved daughter of God. You KNOW that the Lord knows who you are even when you feel far away. You have amazing talents to share just like the rest of us and guess what? We are scared to share them sometimes too. You are beautiful and wonderful and you have always had a way of making me smile. I don't want you to fit in too much because what you are makes you special. I love you so much Amanda. You are amazing. Congratulations on your new path. You can do it, I know you can!
Post a Comment