Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Our Summer, life and other stuff

First off sorry its been so long things have kinda been crazy. Over the fourth of July Damian and I had a great vacation in Hillsboro, OR. We took our first ever Amtrak train ride and it was amazing! My only regret was that I had worked the evening prior so by the time I was able to wind down in our hotel late that afternoon I had been up for over 24 hours. I was pretty beat up. Other than that we had a great time. My Uncle Reed and Aunt Myra hosted our family reunion and also had an amazing fireworks show. There were a lot of fun times but the fireworks really were the focal point. I also got to experience an awesome, quirky ice cream shop that had crazy flavor combinations yet somehow they worked. Damian got to experience his own adventures riding the transit system and exploring. He also got to meet up with an old friend so I'm glad he was able to do that while we were there. He hadn't seen him since our wedding in 2000. We flew home since Damian hadn't been on an airplane either. He loved flying but said if he had time to travel by train that's what he would prefer. We didn't have the means to get to Port Angeles for Damian's family reunion after all but that's okay. They have it every year. I'm glad we did make it for the Christensen reunion. My grandparents are still in good health thank goodness however, they are both getting older so we cherish these times when we have them. In August I had to have a tooth out that had been cracking and causing me some issues. I've been used to having teeth out but this one caused me some problems. Thankfully its out, I'm healed and life has moved on. Work is still the same as always I'm not quite full time right now I'm working 27 hours but I won't complain. Full time was great for a short while but I struggled a lot because of my dental challenges. I'm trying to get my production back up so I can hopefully move back up. If not I won't complain I have enough to take care of our bills. I am no longer doing the Pathways program, I had to take a hiatus because of work conflicts. However, I gleaned so much from the program it was never a waste of my time. Words can not describe what all I learned from this wonderful, inspired program. School may be in the cards for me again someday but for now I'm focusing on working and taking care of my family. That's about it, oh and I'm down almost 20 lbs again. I've gotten myself and my body figured out so I think this weight loss journey will start going a lot more smoothly than before. 

No comments: