Saturday, May 19, 2012
Inspired
I got to see a pretty good movie the other night it was called The Iron Lady about Margaret Thatcher. It didn't inspire me in the way that you may be thinking I wasn't inspired by her strength I wasn't inspired by the fact that she dared to change things and make her mark in the world I was inspired by her love story with her husband. She was unique she wasn't content in the kitchen being a housewife she wanted to make her mark in the world and her husband was not only happy being there by her side but he was a staunch supporter of her. That struck a chord with me and helped me remember why I fell in love with my husband in December of 1999. I wasn't arm candy either and I had never really felt all that special or beautiful not until Damian took me in his arms and changed all that. He helped me feel beautiful and special he loved my ideas and intelligent mind. He didn't seek to change anything about me. As the years passed we had challenges and struggles and sometimes we both haven't handled them as well as we should but that is part of our love story and growing process too. However, after last night I was reminded of why I love the man I do and why I love him with all of my heart and soul and why no matter what we go through we will go through it together. I also learned my biggest mistake was losing touch of why we fell in love in amongst all the normal every day frustrations. It is easy to do it happens but I'm grateful I was able to get back in touch with why I fell for my husband in the first place. It's quite simple Damian hears me and understands me and what I need sometimes he doesn't respond the way I would like him to but then he surprises me in a wonderful way and all is alright again. I had contemplated myself without him recently as we hit a rough patch but we promised we would never ever again separate or hurt one another without praying about it and taking time to dig down deep and try to imagine ourselves without the other. We both can't do that so we won't be apart. We will be a force to be reckoned with if we can just stop getting in our own way because we have a unique love story (few understand it or bother to understand it) but it's very strong no one will be able to break us up if we don't allow them to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment