Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My first flight, the fourth and other things

Sorry it's been a little bit I wanted to blog right away but the last couple of weeks have been a blur. First things first I got to experience my first airplane flight ever. My family had a reunion in Hillsboro OR over the fourth of July weekend and since I am new to my job which is still going well I had to join them Sunday morning. The fastest way was to fly to say that I was nervous was an understatement even with my 5-HTP but I survived. It was pretty awesome actually takeoff is my favorite. It was a wonderful experience being with my family and talking to them and watching old home movies. We also had a hum dinger of a fireworks show on the fourth of July. It was pretty wonderful to spend the weekend with good company, good food and great fireworks. I feel pretty grateful to have such a large extended family. Sometimes we don't all agree on something but at the same time when things get tough or get hard we are there for each other and I think that's what really counts. It was heart warming to witness our family pulling together to be there for my grandparents who are in the twilight of our lives. The next big thing that happened pretty much after this excitement is that Damian's sister Angela and her husband Randall and two children decided to make a visit. They live in California and they took the train up here. I don't know why it's been so long but that doesn't matter what matters is that they are here now. Ella is almost three and she is a very smart little girl she is still a little delayed and sometimes she is hard to understand but she is gaining quickly. She loves cars, Dora, Mickey Mouse, being tickled and cuddled on her terms of course. She is slow to warm up to you but once she does she has a heart warming smile and a wonderful giggle. I am so grateful this little one survived the beginning part of her life and being born so small she had a rough go of it her first few months. Then there is Cub(Jacob) their foster son we don't know yet what the future holds for him if we will be able to keep him. He is a bundle of energy if we could only harness his power we could have enough to give electricity to I don't know how many people. He has to always go go go and he never walks he RUNS. He also eats well and he will stop to snuggle or climb on your lap. He loves snuggles and he warms up to you very fast especially if you play cars with him, let him play with a cell phone or if you play any other kind of games with him. He also has an infectious smile and giggle. I love this little boy I can see why he has wiggled his way into their hearts. I really hope that they can adopt him they will know soon his mother is running out of time to get her act together. It's been a whirlwind of a few days but it's been fun. I love being an aunt it's been one of the best experiences of my life and in many ways it's been preparing me for what motherhood will be like. I don't know yet what Heavenly Father has in store for me there but my PCOS symptoms are slowly getting better so who knows miracles do in fact happen. If not we are getting our lives in order to adopt. We don't know when that will be our lives were a huge huge mess but we are working on it. We just choose to walk with faith do what we need to do to get our lives untangled and whatever Heavenly Father wants to give us will be what is right for us. We are choosing to walk with faith right now wherever our path may lead.

No comments: