My pants just about fall off now but in a good way as I have been noticing weight coming off my body. This health scare was a catalyst for that I will admit but all this has been a work in progress for a few years now when I decided to change my mental attitude as well. I was always the shy kid the loner and that haunted me as I was an easy target for bullies on the play ground and even a few misguided teachers who didn't notice shyness just someone who "doesn't get along well with others." I HATE labels because you know for a long time I lived up to them. Then as I got older and more stuff happened I just took on more and more pain and more and more crap and to cope I ate and ate and ate some more. I have always had a strong personality a combo of quirky, easy going, sweet and sassy someone who loves to laugh and have a good time but someone that will fight to the death for someone she cares about but for a long time I hid under my weight and behind it only daring to let those closest to me see me. It was nothing for me to down a whole container of ice cream in one sitting plus an extra large pizza. I tried Weight Watchers and at that time it didn't work for me not because the program is faulty but because I had still to discover something about myself I emotionally eat it that had become my coping mechanism from an early age and until I could conquer that I would only heap on more pounds. That's when a light bulb turned on and I found the courage to look deep inside myself and get all those old fears out of there. I learned to trust myself, make some hard decisions about who was worth keeping in my life and get rid of old guilt and feelings that were holding me back. That's been the secret I also now have supportive people in my circle again who don't sabotage me they support the changes I have started to make. That's how I can stand to eat less and eat more of the right foods and not go crazy when I have a pizza party or want to go out with a friend. I don't need food anymore as a best friend and it's been a pleasant side effect that my pants are starting to fall off. It's been also great to see my personality shining through again and you can see the real me not the shy me not the scared me who hid in a corner living up to the label placed on me in grade school.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment