Sunday, March 31, 2013

No need to panic

I was not going to really broadcast this out loud but after sharing this experience with my bishop this afternoon he encouraged me to share it. Many of you who read this blog know that I suffer from extreme anxiety. For years it was debilitating I could barely function. Then a couple of years ago I started taking an herbal supplement which has helped some but still it was a problem. Now, my anxiety is basically no more I still take my herbal supplement on occasion but I'm down to less than half of the amount I had been taking. The reason you may ask, I have found my happiness, peace and hope again. I had lost myself but now I am found and I have found my sense of peace and security in knowing that I am empowered and able to make my own choices. Yes, I am accountable for those choices but it is my life to live no one else's. I've grown so much feeling like I am in control of something. Also, a bigger part of it is my increased faith and knowledge in the Lord Jesus Christ and his role in my life. He loves me he knows me and he will help me. He suffered so that I don't have to. It has been through this Pathways program that these two things have come to pass. I've grown closer to the Lord and the Spirit as I've been studying the Book of Mormon. I've also been learning self reliance and self accountability as I've been in this program as well. I am so grateful again for a loving Father in Heaven and a loving bishop and stake president who listened to the promptings and helped me see it too. It feels so good to not panic anymore and to have my life back. 

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm glad to hear it, cuz! Love you! Keep going!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

What a happy and inspiring post! I am happy for you!!